1. What practical skills have you developed through this module and how effectively do you think you have applied them?
At the end of this module I feel so much at ease with a camera, I was use to using photography but through my elective and now finally buying a DSLR I’m defiantly more capable, especially as we started with the 100 photographs even if they were tiny I was able to get loads of good quality images. Iv also become a lot more comfortable with the photography studios and the lighting areas which have given me more of an advantage when taking photographs for of and for my books. A
Also, the first few weeks of the module that we looked at research and how to look at different types of research that will actually help us with out work and not just bulk it up. I think iv really taken this on board and it ahs defiantly helped with the What If? Brief, and the Book of 100 brief as well. Iv also learnt how to use Indesign and expand more on photoshop which has been a big help with this Book project
2. What approaches to/methods of problem solving have you developed and how have they informed your design development process?
On the What If brief we researched thoroughly into out problem and what we could do about it, we took photographs before and after to see if any difference had been made, we also took survey results to get peoples opinions and then we gathered all that data and were able to produce resolutions that were effective.
Also documenting work on my blog, even if its just a few images and a few words iv found it really helpful because of the feedback that I get of there. The feedback sessions have been so much more useful to me this module and I think that has really helped progress my work further.
3. What strengths can you identify in your work and how have/will you capitalise on these?
My strengths have been in computer based work, iv done a lot of handmade work aswell but iv tried to use a more professional technique to finish things of such as my book of 100.
Also in photography, its definantly something I will always be expanding on and it will always be essential to my work and me as a designer.
4. What weaknesses can you identify in your work and how will you address these more fully?
One of my weakest points in the module has been motivation, it could just be Christmas in between but at the beginning of projects I found hard to make my self interested.
iv also not been updating my evaluations on my blog or tagging my posts which i just don’t do.
Next time I will . . .
1. keep up with research and try and do more secondary research
2. start writing lists and timetables for myself, and set aside time for blog
3. use the college studios more than I have been